Translate

viernes, 30 de noviembre de 2012

Carta al editor: South Jersey Times, New Jersey Estados Unidos, 30 de noviembre de 2012

Letter: It's about time tobacco companies are ordered to tell the truthPublished: Friday, November 30, 2012, 3:21 AM Updated: Friday, November 30, 2012, 3:22 AM
 By South Jersey Times
Follow
To the Editor:

This letter is in regard to the article which appeared on Page B-6 of Wednesday’s edition of the South Jersey Times, “Judge orders tobacco companies to say they lied.”

How wonderful it was to read this article about the U.S. District Judge Gladys Kessler ordering tobacco companies to publish corrective statements that they lied about the dangers of smoking and that they disclose smoking’s health effects, including the death on average of 1,200 people a day.

This, I feel, has been a long time coming, but am extremely happy that it’s finally made it!

I lost my beautiful mother to smoking at her young age of 55 years old and I saw how she suffered so much by this addiction. It was painful to me to watch as she would go into coughing spells so bad and couldn’t hardly catch her breath after the spells. I know she hurt other parts of her body by these, also.

She tried so hard to quit, and even with the help of doctors, nothing worked. She was in pain for many years. She never complained about any of this, but we all knew how it was. The hardest part of her so-called life of smoking was to have to visit her in the hospital and see her attached to all those breathing machines until her heart finally gave up. I don’t think I’ve ever shed that many tears in my entire life by standing there watching all of this. It was a real nightmare! No one should have had to suffer the way she suffered.

Of course, the manufacturers of all this mess weren’t going to say a thing about the sneaky doings that were being done to keep people addicted to smoking. Why should they as they were fattening their pockets by all of this? I really thought every human being had a conscience, but I was wrong. All these people of this lying, deceiving, scheme should be personally punished.

Gee, who knows, these companies could have even had their own “Think Tank” and greased people’s hands who could think of the better way of selling more of their products and faster. This is a reminder of those hidden, unspoken laboratories that do the unthinkable things to both animals and human beings in the name of science. These inhumane experiments have been going on for far longer than one can imagine and I don’t think they’ll ever be shut down.

It just sickens me right to my very core of my being. If those scientists are so into their works, why don’t they jump up on one of those cold slabs and donate their healthy bodies all in the name of science? Money, money, money has always, and I’m very sorry and sad to say, that this has been the name of the game. I’ve heard that money is the root of all evil. I guess this is the proof in the pudding, one might say.

I would like to personally say “thank you” to Judge Gladys Kessler for standing her ground and insisting the right thing be done about all of this deceit. I think she’s a woman of much honor and bravery. We should have more people out there like her. (God bless you, Judge Gladys Kessler.) If this action would have taken place a long time ago, maybe my mother would still be here instead of in her grave.

Oh, one more thing. Isn’t fraud punishable by prison terms?


HELENA
MALASCALZA
Carneys Point

Contact the South Jersey Times at 856-935-1500 or at tsnews@southjerseymedia.com
Tomado de:
http://www.nj.com/south-jersey-voices/index.ssf/2012/11/letter_its_about_time_tobacco.html

No hay comentarios: