iwcp.co.uk – 29 de Julio de 2015 – UK
E-CIGARETTE users on the Isle of Wight are being warned to be careful when charging vaping devices and other electrical items following a fire at a house in East Cowes on Sunday.
The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service put out the warning after they were called to the property to extinguish a burning sofa.
The fire was caused by an e-cigarette charger, which had been charging a vaping device on the arm of the sofa.
"Thankfully, the property had working smoke alarms installed and were alerted to the fire in time for us to rescue a man and two dogs," said a spokesman for the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service.
"Advice has been issued nationally to e-cigarette users, following reports of several devices exploding while charging, which caused minor fires.
"It is not an apparent problem locally, but around the country other fire services have reported incidents of fires caused by e-cigarettes and we don’t want any more such incidents happening on the Island."
See more at: