Translate

martes, 26 de noviembre de 2013

jamaica-gleaner.com - 25 de noviembre de 2013 - Jamaica

 The Tobacco Seduction Of Our Children

I am lucky to have never tried smoking anything at any time in my life. And I am also lucky because I grew up in a smoke-free home and work in a smoke-free environment. As an adult, I was never exposed to second-hand cigarette smoke, except on extremely rare occasions. But, not all children or adults are as lucky as I am. Before July, 15, 2013, our laws did not offer protection to non-smokers. The current anti-smoking legislation was reviewed by Parliament in the interest of fairness and reasonableness.

Thanks to the bold, brave and assertive move by the Minister of Health Fenton Ferguson, cigarette smokers who light up in public are now restricted to smoking only in spaces where they won't pose health risks to innocent non-smokers.


No hay comentarios: