Translate

martes, 21 de octubre de 2014

elkintribune.com – 20 de Octubre de 2014 – EEUU

Tobacco out of the woods?

I saw a golden (leaf) opportunity.

A tobacco field lies just 30 feet from the edge of my porch. That has aroused some bemused curiosity among folks in the office down in the city who probably have never seen a tobacco plant.

So on a quiet Saturday last month, while I was outside puttering around, trying to find something to distract me from doing some real work, here came a tobacco priming machine.

I’m two generations removed from tobacco farming, which once was so prevalent here in the hometown area.

Both grandfathers grew tobacco on their respective family farms. Most farmers around here did, some 75 years ago. But Dad left the family farm and farming for a mill job in town and never looked back...

Publicación original:

No hay comentarios: