jueves, 8 de mayo de 2014 –7 de mayo de 2014 – UK

E-cig Industry 'saddened' by death of dog

Following the death of a dog in Cumbria after it consumed an electronic cigarette, the Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association told ITV Border:

"We were saddened to hear of the death of a dog after it apparently ate or chewed on an electronic cigarette. Nicotine is quite poisonous to dogs, with a potential fatal dose being as little as 9mg per kilogramme, so a small amount of the liquid can be dangerous to a small or medium-sized dog.

For this reason it is very important that users keep e-cigs and the refills for them out of the reach of animals, and especially children. There is a legal requirement for labelling to warn users about the risks, and advise on the safe storage of these products.

We would echo the advice of the treating vet: users should “treat their e-cigarettes in the same way as they would medicines and keep them out of reach of dogs or anything else that might accidentally eat them”.

Publicación original:

No hay comentarios: