miércoles, 28 de mayo de 2014 - 27 de mayo de 2014 – UK

Mum and two kids left homeless after exploding e-cig destroys flat

FIRE: She was forced to grab her children and flee for their lives 

Zeeley Cooper, 22, was forced to grab her two young sons and flee when the fake fag burst into flames as it charged on her bedside table.

Two fire engines and 15 firefighters rushed to her third-floor apartment in Shard End, Birmingham, to tackle the blaze which broke out at 9pm last Wednesday.

The fire has now left single mum Keeley and her sons Ellis, five, and Riegan, two, homeless after it destroyed most rooms in their council flat.

Keeley was forced to throw out the majority of her clothes after the flames completely gutted her bedroom and all of the furniture inside.

She also had to get rid of most of the toys and clothes in her children's room because it was so badly damaged by thick black smoke which enveloped the flat.

Keeley said the charging e-cigarette sounded "like a firework" when it exploded into flames.

She added: "I'd put the e-cigarette on charge next to my bed. It had only been charging for 40 minutes when there was an almighty bang and flames started coming out of it. "It sounded like a firework, it was a kind of popping sound and then it went bang.

"It burst into flames and the carpet was on fire.

Publicación original:

No hay comentarios: