miércoles, 17 de septiembre de 2014 – 12 de septiembre de 2014 – UK

E-cigarette batteries start two fires Yorkshire

Two e-cigarette batteries "exploded" and started fires in two West Yorkshire homes in just 24 hours.

West Yorkshire Fire Service has warned it is now being called out to e-cigarette fires more than once a month.

In an incident in Bradford, a battery exploded and "shot across the room", coming to rest at the foot of a wardrobe, which caught fire.

And a couple in Girlington only realized their bedroom was on fire when the smoke alarm sounded.

There have been 13 e-cigarette fires in West Yorkshire in the past 12 months.

'Burning battery'

While only 0.25% of call-outs are related to e-cigarettes, the fire service has warned of a growing problem.

Publicación original:
See more at: 

No hay comentarios: