jueves, 12 de marzo de 2015

20-year-old Man's Exploding E-Cigarette Gives New Meaning to Spark One Up - 11 de marzo de 2015 – EEUU

A 20-year-old Santa Ana man was burned early Monday when the e-cigarette he was smoking in bed exploded, launching half of the e-cancer stick like a rocket until it lodged in the ceiling above him, according to authorities.

The unidentified fellow sustained burns to his face and one hand, but it could have been worse because he first heard a humming sound and then pulled the e-cig away from his face when it went kablooey around 1:45 a.m. Monday, according to an Orange County Fire Authority fire captain who used much more official language than "kablooey."

The explosion caused some clothing on the guy's bed in his apartment at 100 E. MacArthur Blvd. to catch fire, which he doused with water and patted down, OCFA Capt. Steve Concialdi told City News Service. The bed and clothing were still smoldering when firefighters arrived, he added.

No hay comentarios: