jueves, 16 de enero de 2014 - 15 de Enero de 2014 - EEUU

Man injured after e-cig blows up

A man trying to quit smoking is recovering from injuries that he said occurred when his e-cigarette exploded.

Joe Vecchione, 54, of Sneads Ferry said the incident occurred at approximately 11:45 late last year at his home on CCC Road in Sneads Ferry. The pipe-shaped device, which uses a battery to dispense the smoke, “erupted” in his face and left him temporarily blind and in pain, according to Vecchione.

“My eyes were burning,” Vecchione said. “It was like a bunch of hot oil hit my face.”

In order to use machines like the one Vecchione said he used the night of the incident, a liquid substance called “juice” is used. The brand he used, which was from Buckeye Vapors of Grove City, Ohio, contains propylene glycol and alcohol, which are both combustible.

No hay comentarios: